- Large tree up to 60ft tall with shady oval crown and deep green foliage
- Leaves are comprised of 3 leaflets, 4-6in long
- Greenish-yellow flowers in clusters with round fruit growing in large clusters
- Native to India, China, and Malaysia
- Invades undisturbed forest, forming dense shade and crowding out native trees
- Tree is toxic to animals but is not usually a grazing source
- Considered a garden pest, out-growing its allocated space
- Aggressive far reaching surface roots
- Large birds disperse the seeds. Seedlings easily establish under shady forest canopy.
Only known location in Princeville. KISC is currently monitoring seedling presence under tree with no signs of spreading.
You can plant pono by reporting Bishop Wood to KISC at 808-821-1490 or email@example.com .