KISC Outreach staff can visit your classroom and provide your students with hands on learning activities, citizen science opportunities, and valuable information about the threats invasive species have on Kauai’s forests, farms, and backyards.
We are happy to fit the KISC message into any lesson plan. We can adapt our presentations and activities to fit various subjects. Some examples of this include:
- Geography, mapping, and using GPS
- Math, and how to chart data
- Science, and the study and understanding of biodiversity, adaptive radiation, using specific Kauai examples
- Artwork and Essays are encouraged after we visit a classroom, for students to reflect on what they have learned
- We can use the Project Learning Tree (PLT) curriculum to adapt to your lesson plan to meet state common core standards and have also have PLT facilitators on our Outreach staff
- Many more! Feel free to run any idea across us. We love the opportunity to educate Kauai’s youth about the importance of protecting the islands’ resources.