KISC is hosting a launch event for our new Guardians of the Garden Isle program.
This is event is FREE and open to the public! Whether you have already signed up as a Guardian, or you want to learn more about how to become a Guardian, YOU ARE INVITED!
When: Saturday August 29th 9am – 1pm
Where: College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources Farm at the top of Kuamoo Rd. Click here for a map.
What: A morning filled with fun and educational activities for all ages!
- There will be volunteer opportunities to help remove invasive species, and plant native species
- An opportunity to take a Guided Nature Trail walk to the nearby Reservoir with a conservation specialist
- Keiki activities to learn about gardening and native forest birds
- Opportunities to network and learn about all the conservation work being done on Kauai
- Lunch provided from 12pm – 1pm
For questions about this event please contact Rachel Smith, Outreach Specialist at (808)821-1490 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is funded, in part, by the USFWS Connecting People with Nature Grant Program, which is dedicated to connecting all people with all aspects of the natural world. USFWS Mission: To conserve, protect, and enhance wildlife and their habitats for the continuing benefit of the American people.