KISC action plans identify targeted invasive species, offering background as well as outlining objectives and methods for their
KISC quarterly reports are a summary of activities including meetings, outreach events and highlights, employee of the quarter, and specific species updates.
- 2014 FY 4th Quarter Report
- 2014 FY 3rd Quarter Report
- 2014 FY 2nd Quarter Report
- 2014 FY 1st Quarter Report
- 2013 FY 4th Quarter Report
- 2013 FY 3rd Quarter Report
- 2013 FY 2nd Quarter Report
- 2013 FY 1st Quarter Report
- 2012 FY 4th Quarter Report
- 2012 FY 3rd Quarter Report
KISC annual reports are summaries of the annual meeting held by the Committee.
Early Detection Reports
Early detection strategies, like road-side and nursery surveys, enable us to identify threats before they become widespread and out of control.
- 2011 KISC island-wide invertebrate survey.pdf – This report is the result of the most recent invertebrate survey on Kauai, funded by US Fish and Wildlife Service. The survey team specifically surveyed for nettle caterpillar, naio thrips, and little red fire ant. Addenda have been removed from this online report to protect the privacy of those property owners who cooperated with KISC during this survey.
- 2006 Kauai fire ant survey report.pdf – This report presents the results of an island-wide survey of Kauai for this biting pest. The little fire ant (Wasmannia auropunctata) was accidentally introduced to Kauai in 1999. The methodology and success of ongoing eradication and containment efforts against the little fire ant are reviewed.
- 1 July 2010 KISC roadside survey report 7.pdf
- 19 June 2010 KISC roadside survey report 6.pdf
- 25 May 2010 KISC roadside survey report 5.pdf
- 28 April 2010 KISC roadside survey report 4.pdf
- 15 April 2010 KISC roadside survey report 3.pdf
- 29 March 2010 KISC roadside survey report 2.pdf
- 4 March 2010 KISC roadside survey report 1.pdf