BREAKING NEWS ALERT: October 25, 2019 – Little Fire Ant (LFA) has been detected on Kaua’i in the Kilauea area. This is the first new population of LFA found on the island since 1999. LFA are a serious invasive threat to our island and all Kaua’i residents are urged to test their property to check for the presence of these small stinging invaders. Testing is easy and a free kit is available at several locations island-wide, see list below.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAIL on the Kaua’i detection.
Kaua’i Locations where Free LFA Test Kits are available:
- Any local library (Princeville, Kapaa, Lihue, Koloa, Hanapepe, and Waimea).
- Kauai Humane Society, Puhi
- Lihue Veterinary Hospital, 3113 Oihana St, Lihue
- North Shore Animal Clinic, 4244 Kilauea Rd, Kilauea
- Natural Pet Hawaii, 1596 Haleukana St, Lihue
- Kilauea Paint and Feed, 2488 Kolo Rd, Kilauea
- HDOA office on Pua Loke in Lihue
- KISC office, 7370 Kuamoo Rd, Wailua. Call us at 808-821-1490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can easily test for LFA using materials already available at home: all you need is some chopsticks, peanut butter, and a ziplock bag. Visit stoptheant.org for instructions and a short video on how to test.